May you have many more....

My husband had his birthday on the 15th so it was a definite treat-yourself-weekend at ours. A couple of dear friends came by the house on Friday to help us start with the celebrations which proved to be a great idea. It was wonderful to see Zahid laughing, joking around with his friends and enjoying himself. Moments like these always make me fall in love with him all over again.

I know it sounds so old fashioned and cheesy to even say it about someone youve been married to for so long but thats how I feel about this man who has been a gift from God to me. He´s my rock, my soul mate, my best friend, the father to my wonderful boys, my lover and the right companion who has been by my side through all thick and thin. We are very different in many ways but we compliment each other so well in everything that it wouldnt have been possible to navigate through life without having him in it.





Here are some highlights from the Friday dinner. The menu was Afghan inspired with a few festive touches here and there.











I had been wanting to make Mantu - Afghan meat dumplings with lentils and tomato sauce, yoghurt and dried mint - for quite a while and it was definitely the right occasion for trying out my hands on a time-consuming recipe which turned out to be worth the effort.






Lawang is Afghan braised chicken in turmeric yoghurt sauce. There arent much ingredients used in its preparation but I was surprised how phenomenal the dish tasted.






Lawang was served with Kicheri rice. It was a tweak on the traditional Kichiri Quroot. Since my husband is not a big fan of sticky rice, I cooked the rice as we do for the famous kabuli pulao and served it with meat balls in tomato sauce.















When it comes to Afghan food, Bolani - the stuffed flatbread - is the quintessential item on the table. This time, I filled it with chopped leek.













Happy birthday dear husband! Together weve seen quite a lot that it is difficult to recall all of the events, vacations, celebrations, transitions and life´s experiences but let me tell you that no words can describe how glad I am that you were born !!! And that your sons and I are fortunate to have you and are proud of who you are. May you always stay the classy, strong, dignified and upstanding man youve always been!! We love you more than all the stars in the sky, all the waves in the sea and all the words in the world......









Comments

Popular Posts