China likes Spaghetti..

I was just going through my blog early this morning and have realised that for whatever reason, I havent been able to share any pasta recipes since long. Although the readers feedback on this category, specially on my quick pasta basta has always been very encouraging. Also, considering the fact that with a three-year old little man in life, pasta in any of its forms is the most low-effort yet high-impact food choice ever a mother like myself has on her weekly menu, I seriously dont know what has kept me from sharing all those delicious quick recipes here that I know youll all love...

Okay, whatever the reasons may be, youll get some pasta today!!!

Here is my semi-chinese, semi-italian version of the spaghetti with chicken and vegetables that I tossed together for the little audience at my home a few weeks ago. The dish received highest grade for appearance and was overall described as a "flavourful and strong tasting" meal. I myself believe, the red tomato sauce with chillies added a wonderful tangy hot twist to the spring vegetables and went really well with my choice of italian spaghetti (instead of chinese noodles). Okay, theres no special story behind this choice, that was all I had on hand. ssshhhhhh!!!!








Spaghetti with Chicken and Vegetables


Ingredients:

300 g al-dente cooked spaghetti
4 large tomatoes
2 carrots
1 green/red pepper (I used half of both)
3/4 cup chopped green onions
8-10 cherry tomatoes (optional)
1/2 cup chopped cabbage
500 g boneless chicken cubes
1 tsp garlic paste
1 chopped red chili
salt, pepper
1 tbs vinegar
1 tbs sugar
1/4 tsp red chili powder
1/2 cup tomato ketchup/ hot salsa
Few drops of lemon juice (optional)
2 tbs oil + 1 tbs





Wash and cut the vegetables. Blend tomatoes in an electric blender. Also, cut wash and cut the chicken in cubes. Heat oil in a frying pan and add in the garlic paste. Throw in the chicken cubes and stir fry for a few minutes just until the meat is tender but still juicy (not raw) and soft (and not like chewing gum) from inside.




Add in the chopped red chillies and fry for half a minute. Add in chopped carrots, fry until they change their colour, add in pepper, onions and cabbage and continue frying for a few minutes. Tip: DO NOT OVERCOOK THE VEGETABLES!!!! Everything should be slightly crunchy and juicy.





In another pan, combine pureed tomatoes with 1 tbs oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, chili powder and cook on high heat until a nice, red sauce is obtained. Add in the tomato ketchup or whatever sauce youre using and cook further for a minute.




Add in the cherry tomatoes and cook for a minute.




Tip: You may like to add some herbs of your choice at this stage!
Add in the prepared chicken and vegetables as well as the boiled spaghetti and toss gently.





Adjust the seasoning and serve immediately.








Eat up and send me my share via comments and messages!

Love


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts